Monday, January 3, 2011

It's been three whole days since I made the commitment to cook dinner for 350 days this year. I have to admit - it's not so bad. Actually - it's been FANTASTIC! The key, I am discovering, is meal planning and knowing what you are going to make the night before. I am realizing that before, half the battle every evening was trying to decide what to make, which would take up half of our evening. But if you already know what you're going to make, it takes guessing out of the equation.

I am finding multiple benefits to my new-found culinary interest - here are my top five:

1. Family time around the dinner table - we are actually enjoying each other's company.

2. We are eating MUCH healthier meals and portion sizes.

3. I am expanding my recipe book with new yummy healthy recipes.

4. We are saving $$$ money $$$ (I will expand on this later - I am waiting until the end of this month to compare our monthly dining out expenses. Let's just say I was SHOCKED to discover just how much money we were spending on eating out the last two months).

5. I haven't had to do dishes in three days - let's hope this one continues!

Can it get any better than that???

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you, Amy! I try to cook dinner at least 5 nights a week. It's hard, but I too find that planning (sometimes up to a week in advance) and have the ingredients on hand really help. I work at a restaurant one night a week so I could never do the 360 days like you!

    ReplyDelete