Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day #20 - Buffalo Chicken Salad

This is one of my most favorite meals I have prepared so far this year - and it was also probably the easiest!!! I had some Frank's Sweet & Spicy BBQ Hotwing Sauce left over from the latest Hawks defeat - so I used it all up on my chicken tonight! It was really tasty - and not too spicy.

Buffalo Chicken Salad


Ingredients:

1 Head of Romaine Lettuce, Washed and Chopped
1/2 Cup Shredded Carrots
2 Ribs of Celery with Greens, Chopped
1/2 Cup Ranch Dressing (I made my own with fat free sour cream)
1/4 Cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
1 lb Chicken, Cut Into Bite Sized Pieces
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1/4 Cup Favorite Hot Sauce

Directions:

Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and chicken to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and sear for 2 or 3 minutes. Add hot sauce and continue cooking for 3 to 6 minutes until chicken is completely cooked.

In a large bowl, combine lettuce, carrots and celery. Mix ranch dressing and blue cheese crumbles in a separate bowl.

Toss the salad with the ranch dressing and season with salt and pepper. Toss with Buffalo chicken and serve!

Nutritional Information (For Approximately 2 Cups Salad w/ Dressing & 4 oz Chicken):

Total Calories: 240 cal

Total Fat: 2.0 g

Total Carbs: 5.0 g

Total Protein: 30.6 g

Yummy!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment