Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day #30 - Breakfast Scramble & Strawberries

As I mentioned before, I made the hubby throw dinner together for the girls before he took them back to the ferry. So I was on my own for dinner tonight, which was actually kind of nice. I spent 10 minutes going from the fridge to the pantry to the chest freezer, back to the fridge, then the pantry and the chest freezer once more, trying to see what looked good. I don't know why I wasted my time - I already knew I was in the mood for some breakfast. Big surprise, I know (I'm totally my dad's child). Oh - and we went to Costco Saturday evening and they had some amazing looking strawberries - so we got some. And I ate some. And they were F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!

The nutritional information for this meal was actually really easy to throw together (that and I have the house to myself for the next hour and fifteen minutes) so I'm going to go ahead and post the info below. Enjoy!


Ingredients: (Keep In Mind This List Is For a 1-Man Meal)

1 Whole Egg
2 Egg Whites
1 tsp Butter
1 Tbsp Milk
1 Baby Dutch Yellow Potato (about 2 oz)
3 Slices Canadian Bacon
1/8 oz Shredded Cheese
3 Strawberries

Directions:

Beat eggs and milk in a glass bowl. Melt butter in a frying pan. Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Pan fry until potatoes become golden brown and tender. Add ham and cook long enough to heat. Move potatoes and ham to one side of the pan. Add eggs and cook until almost done. Add potatoes and eggs to the mix and finish cooking. Sprinkle with cheese. Wash strawberries and cut as desired. Enjoy!

** My dad would add a little salsa or Tobasco sauce to this meal if it were up to him. I was tempted, but afraid of ruining a perfectly good meal if I did, so I played it safe!

Nutritional Information (For The Exact Amount Listed Above - 1 Serving):

Total Calories: 218 cal

Total Fat: 6.5 g

Total Carbs: 16 g

Total Protein: 20 g

No comments:

Post a Comment