Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day #13 - Pub Style Chicken

My cousin gave me the recipe for tonight's dinner. I needed some new ideas and she came through for me. Fortunately I had all the ingredients I needed which made it even better. I think I may have changed it up a little in the way I cooked the chicken, but for the most part, it's the same. It was pretty easy to make and was the perfect meal to pair with a salad and some steamed vegetables. One of the things that I love about my 8-year-old is that she absolutely LOVES vegetables: fresh, frozen, canned or steamed....she will eat them without a struggle. Her favorite is steamed broccoli and cauliflower - hence what you see on the plate.


Ingredients:

3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Cup White Flour
1 Package Ranch Dressing Mix
2 Tbsp EVOO
3 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Bacon, Pan Fried To Crispy

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine flour and ranch dressing mix in a shallow dish. Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture, covering each side. Heat EVOO in a pan on the stove. Pan sear chicken breasts until golden brown (about 2 minutes each side). Place chicken in a small baking dish and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes (cooking time also depends on how big or small your chicken breasts are).

When there are three minutes remaining on the clock, top each chicken breast with 1 oz of shredded cheddar cheese and 1 slice of cooked bacon, crumbled. Continue baking remaining 3 minutes until cheese is melted.

Nutritional Information (Approximately for a 4 oz Chicken Breast, 1 oz of Cheese, 1 Slice of Bacon):

Total Calories: 172 cal

Total Fat: 4.5 g

Total Carbs: 0.1 g

Total Protein: 33 g

Paired with 1 cup of steamed cauliflower, 1/2 cup steamed broccoli, 2 cups of salad with Kraft Catalina Salad Dressing adds only 105 additional calories making this meals total: 277 calories. Not bad!

1 comment: