Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day #21 - Ultimate Chicken Grill Sandwich

Have I ever mentioned how much I love Fridays? Probably not - because I hate Fridays. They are probably the most chaotic of the seven days in a week for us. This particular Friday, I got to work at 7:00 am and left work at 6:45 pm. I had to have Jim pick up Kayla, pick me up at work and then we took Kayla to Kirkland where we met her dad.

At 7:15, we were all starving and I had to make a quick dinner decision: A) Stop some place along the way that has a few healthier food choices or B) Wait until we get home and eat at 10:00.

I pulled out my phone which has a pretty cool program that lists the nutritional information for about 100 different restaurants. I knew there was a Wendy's along the way, so I checked there first. Their Ultimate Chicken Grill Sandwich has only 370 calories and 7 g of fat. Not bad.

Then, I had to think about our options at home would be. The only option that came to mind were hot dogs. I hadn't taken anything out of the freezer for dinner that night! I decided eating hot dogs (about 430 calories with the bun) at 10:00 at night was not the better option.

So Wendy's it was!



No comments:

Post a Comment