Monday, February 7, 2011

Time To Recalculate

So - I'm discovering that my initial goal of 350 days of home cooked meals was me being a little overly ambitious. I have realized that there are just some days where I have to choose between A) Making a REALLY unhealthy meal because I need to make something quick, B) Feeding my family a semi healthy dinner at 8:00 at night, or C) Finding a fast food place I know has healthy dinner options and making life a little easier for everyone.

My goal is to continue making healthy meals for my family as often as I can while realizing that I'm not Martha Stewart or Rachael Ray. And although I do have a full time job, my homemade meals aren't making me money. Don't get me wrong - I am not giving myself permission to go back to eating out three or four times a week. I am simply giving myself permission to use healthy eating out options as a last resort without feeling completely guilty. I have learned that eating out doesn't have to be completely bad for you.

Some of the healthier options we have discovered:

JITB - Grilled Chicken Strips (4 strips - w/o sauce = 180 calories, 2 g fat, 37 g protein)
Wendy's - Ultimate Chicken Grill Sandwich (w/o Mayo = 290 calories, 5 g fat, 25 g protein)
Arby's - Junior Roast Beef Sandwich (273 calories, 10 g fat, 15 g protein)

The Key To Eating Out: No FRIED Anything - Including FRIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment