Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day #58 - Citrus Garlic Shrimp

This is a new recipe we came across in one of my cookbooks, and I have to say, it is probably one of my most favorite shrimp recipes! It calls for the use of linguine pasta - so I was originally thinking the shrimp was going to be mixed with a heavy cream sauce or something. But the sauce for this recipe is totally light and citrusy and delicious! This recipe will be added to my favorites!

I modified the recipe to reduce the serving sizes to two servings since it was Jim and myself for dinner tonight. You can adjust the recipe as necessary for your family.


Ingredients:

2 oz Dry Linguine (I used the whole wheat pasta - which I think is amazing)
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Orange Juice (I used the Tropicana 50 which has reduced sugar)
5 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled and Crushed
2 tsp Grated Lemon Peel
2 tsp Grated Orange Peel
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
12 Jumbo Shrimp (Pealed, Deveined and tails Removed)
2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions:

Cook linguine according to package instructions.

In a blender or food processor, combine the next eight ingredients; cover and process until blended.

Pour sauce into a large skillet and heat through. Add shrimp and cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn bright pink. Drain linguine and toss with the shrimp mixture.

Sprinkle with cheese and serve.

Nutritional Information (Approximately for 1 oz pasta, 6 shrimp,2 Tbsp sauce):

Total Calories: 278 cal

Total Fat: 15.5 g (mostly from EVOO)

Total Carbs: 24 g

Total Protein: 18 g

No comments:

Post a Comment