Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day #39 - Taco Salad

I originally had tacos on the menu - but decided to switch it up a little at the last minute. That and one serving of tortilla chips is less calories than two soft taco sized flour tortillas.

After tonight, Jim and I both decided we didn't like using ground turkey on our taco salads. There are just some foods where there is no proper substitution for ground beef. I also realized that we were out of refried beans which my family LOVES on tacos. But I found about 10 cans of low-sodium black beans in the pantry and decided to give those a try. I cooked one can of black beans with about 3/4 cup salsa and let me tell you - I will NEVER use refried beans again! The black beans were fabulous!


Ingredients:

Blue Corn Spicy Tortilla Chips (30 g per serving)
1 Recipe Black Bean Mix (See Mixture Instructions Above)
Taco Meat (2 oz per serving)
Taco Seasoning
Lettuce Shreds (2 cups per serving)
Fat Free Shredded Cheese (1/4 cup per serving)
2 Tbsp Light Sour Cream (1 Tbsp per serving)
1 Cup Salsa (1/8 cup per serving)
Optional:
Tomatoes, Diced
Green Onion, Chopped
Olives

Directions:

Taco making is pretty self explanatory. Like I mentioned above, I mixed 1 can of black beans with 3/4 cup salsa for the bean mixture. I also made my own salad dressing with 2 Tbsp of light sour cream and 1/4 cup of salsa (this mixture makes two servings of dressing).

Nutritional Information (Approximately For 1 Salad With Serving Sizes Above):

Total Calories: 398 cal

Total Fat: 13.5 g

Total Carbs: 33 g

Total Protein: 31 g

No comments:

Post a Comment