Monday, April 25, 2011

Day #89 - #114

I realize I haven't been the most faithful blogger by any means - even after rededicating myself to my goal in my last post - I have still managed to fall behind. The last dinner I posted was on March 28th - which puts me exactly 28 days behind!!! Yikes! Where has the time gone???

I'm going to attempt to get caught up - but there are some huge gaps where I can't remember what we had for dinner - but it's not entirely my fault - so cut me some slack! Be prepared - however - because this post is gonna be a long one!

Sunday April 25th: Easter Dinner (Day #114)

We all managed to get together for Easter at my parent's house this year - All 12 of us! It was fabulous! We pigged out on ham, funeral potatoes, homemade rolls, salad, corn on the cob, pickled beats, and cherry pie! Can't beat that! However - I'm paying for it all today! It's back to the healthier way of eating for sure!

Tuesday April 5th - Saturday April 23rd (Day #96 - #113)

Somewhere during these 19 days - I managed to cook a few good meals. What exactly they were - I couldn't tell you because A) I didn't take any pictures. B) I didn't write them down like I promised myself I would start doing. and C) I'm just a flat out Slacker - with a capital S! Sorry!

Monday April 4th: Sympathy Nothing (Day #95)

**sigh** I'm discovering there are a lot of days where my family doesn't really eat dinner! For one reason or another - we just don't eat the last meal of the day!! This week - is the start of Spring Break - and unfortunately - my poor little Kayla Bug is spending her spring break recovering from surgery! You can read about her ordeal here!

Needless to say - since Kayla couldn't eat - we didn't eat either! Except - I'm pretty sure Jim and I snuck in a few bites of ice cream while Kayla was taking a mini nap.

Sunday April 3rd: Popsicles (Day #94)

We got back from Spokane in the late afternoon - just in time to pick Miley up from this hell-hole of a kennel we took her to for the weekend. I will NEVER take her to that kennel EVER again. I don't think she pooped the entire time she was there! Don't get me started! Anyway - by the time we picked up the dog, got home, unpacked, took the dog to the dog park so she could get some exercise after booked couped up in a stupid kennel all weekend without ANY walks or ANY form of exercise - we were exhausted and called it a day without eating dinner. Actually - I think we all had a Popsicle somewhere during the evening. It's the dinner of champions!

Saturday April 2nd: Papa Murphy's Pizza (Day #93)

We were in Spokane - visiting various people and places we love. Since we didn't have a whole lot of dining options, we grabbed a couple of pizzas and cooked them at my Grandma's house. Pretty easy.

Friday April 1st: Trail Mix From Costco (Day #92)

A few months ago, we bought tickets to a concert for this night. The plan was to get all snazzied up and head to Seattle for a night of fine dining and then the concert. Unfortunately - things didn't exactly go as planned and we ended up not eating dinner at all and we just barely made it to the concert in time for it to start! You can read about our fiasco here!

What I didn't mention in that post - is that during the car ride to Spokane, we all snacked on Costco trail mix cause we were kind of starving.

Thursday March 31st: Chili and Cornbread (Day #91)


The last time we made a batch of chili - we had a TON leftover. So - we filled the freezer with containers of homemade chili. We also bought this really HUGE bag of cornbread mix from Costco that has been sitting in our pantry for the last 12 months. What are you supposed to do when you have a TON of chili and a TON of cornbread mix??? Eat chili and cornbread - duh!

Again - this is a recipe I have posted once before and can be found here!


Wednesday March 30th: Manicotti (Day #90)


The last time Jim surprised me and made Manicotti for dinner, the recipe made so much, he made a smaller dish and stuck in the freezer for another meal down the road. Tonight was a freezer meal kind of night! I was kind of skeptical to try manicotti after it had been frozen - but in all honesty, I couldn't even tell it had ever been frozen! It tasted just as fresh and delicious as it did the first time!

For the recipe and nutrition information for this Manicotti recipe - you can find it on my original post here!


Tuesday March 29th: Chicken Bruschetta Pasta (Day #89)


Ingredients:

1 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Cut Into Strips
1/3 Cup Reduced Sodium Organic Chicken Broth
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tub (10 oz) Philadelphia Original Cooking Creme
2 Cups Grape Tomatoes
2 Cups Hot, Cooked Bow-Tie Pasta
12 Fresh Basil Leaves, Torn

Directions:

Cook chicken in a large, non-stick skillet on medium heat for about 5 or 6 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and garlic powder and let cook an additional 3 minutes.

Add cooking creme and tomatoes , cook and stir for 3 minutes.

Stir in pasta and top with basil!!!

This is probably one of the most simple meals I have ever made in my entire life. Only cold cereal and toast can top this in the easy category. If you haven't tried the new Philadelphia cooking cremes, I would recommend it. They seriously make cooking simple and really yummy!






No comments:

Post a Comment