Monday, April 25, 2011

Day #115 - Quiznos


I worked from 6:30 am until 5:15 pm today, I'm either coming down with a nasty cold or my allergies have suddenly gone into overdrive - I'm not quite sure which it is, and I'm sick and tired of the rain already! I am here to introduce to you today: Negative Nancy!

I have struggled all day to be in a good mood - I blame this nastiness that is going on in my sinuses. If it's allergies - then I must have developed a resistance to every allergy medication out there because nothing I am taking has helped. If it's a cold - then it better run its course fast because I don't have time to deal with this kind of crap. My ears are plugged and it feels like my head is stuck in the clouds. My throat is dry and scratchy and every time I tried to answer the phone at work today, I got laughed at on the other end. Oh - and last night - I know you have all experienced the one-nostril nose plug!

You know - where depending on which side you are currently sleeping on - one side of your nose is ALWAYS plugged. It starts out on one side of the nose and then you flip and lay on your other side, only to feel all the pluggedness giving way to gravity and draining to the other nostril, and before you know it - you are just one plugged up mess. Yeah - and if you're lucky enough to actually fall asleep - you wake up in the middle of the night with snot trails all up your cheek and and down the side of your face. It's fabulous - welcome to my world right now.

Anyway - now that I have completely grossed you out - let me tell you what we had for dinner tonight! My husband wanted to cook the salmon that we took out of the freezer over a week ago and never used. That is - until I pointed out to him the current color of the salmon and the fine print that says: "use immediately after thawing". As in - you better cook it the same day. The salmon ended up in the garbage. Sad.

Our fridge is empty - our food supply in the pantry is slowly dwindling down. I can use this as an excuse for not cooking tonight - but in all reality - I was just in a piss-poor mood and didn't feel like playing chef / waitress to my family tonight. So - we headed out to Quiznos because in an attempt to get back to eating healthy again - I knew they had this:

The Honey Bourbon Chicken Sandwich:


This sandwich is my all-time favorite. Not just because it tastes absolutely fabulous (a little sweet and a little spicy), but because a small sub has just 315 calories which will allow you to grab a bag of chips if you need a salt kick. Or - you can splurge and get the regular sized sandwich which still only has 520 calories and is much more filling and satisfying.

Nutritional Information (Approximately for 1 Regular Sandwich on Whole Wheat Bread):

Total Calories: 520 cal

Total Fat: 8 g

Total Carbs: 76 g (21 g from sugar)

Total Protein: 29 g

No comments:

Post a Comment